**THIS IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD**
This is the Autism Handbook for CAREGIVER individual use. Do NOT purchase this option if you are a professional intending to use it with families you work with - please purchase the licensed product which contains additional professional support pages and a license to share.
By purchasing this item at the parent price, you are acknowledging that you will use this product for your own personal use and will not send, screenshot, or otherwise share this product with another person (with the exception of the teacher letter, which is shareable!) If you would like to purchase a set with the option to share with family members, teachers or therapists, please purchase the regularly priced Autism Handbook with single licensure use which allows you to send a printed (but not digital) copy to those who will be working with your child.
- A Letter to Caregivers
- What is Autism?
- The Autism spectrum
- These Characteristics Describe Me
- The strengths in Autism
- Medical Model vs Social Model of Disability
- Reframing Thoughts about Autism
- Identity First or Person First Language?
- Is Getting an Autism Evaluation Important?
- How to Get an Autism Evaluation
- Educational Eligibility vs Medical Diagnosis
- What to Expect in an Autism Evaluation
- Autism Levels
- Ideal Age for Evaluation
- I Was Told to Wait to Get an Evaluation
- These Characteristics are Age Appropriate
- Why are so Many People Diagnosed Later in Life?
- Second Opinions
- It Can’t be Autism, Because They Can….
- Services Available in the U.S. (Early Intervention and Public Schools)
- Common Classroom Accommodations
- Common Home Accommodations
- Autism Glossary
- Therapies to Consider
- Considerations for Choosing Therapies
- ABA (What is ABA & Controversy)
- Autism and Social Skills
- Autism in Girls
- Differences in Autism and Other Similar Diagnosis (ADHD, SPD, Language delay)
- Should I Tell My Child About Their Diagnosis?
- Parent Feelings
- Autism FAQ
- Speech and Language FAQ
- Additional Resources
- A Message from Autistic Adults
- A Letter to Teachers From Parent, and Open Ended Form
*When you purchase, you will have a link to download that will be open for 30 days. Please download immediately after purchase and save to your computer so you don't forget*
Parent Autism Handbook
Everything that is in this Parent Handbook is in the Professional License Handbook - If you purchase the Professional Handbook, you do NOT need to purchase the Parent version as well.
*The Parent version does not include the Autism Referral Form or Letter to Teachers from Professionals* and is for individual parent use.
This product is intended for use by parents and not to be shared with your child's teachers, therapists, etc. Please purchase the Full Licensed Product to access the additional pages and license to share.